Skip to content
Roll over image to zoom in
Click on image to zoom
- A special type of honey indigenous to New Zealand is called Active Leptospermum (or Manuka) honey.
- Active Leptospermum Honey has been shown to have several properties which assist in promoting an optimal healing environment.
- It has a low pH and has been shown to help lower the overall wound pH, which is beneficial to chronic wounds.
- The honey is also highly osmotic, which assists in debridement and keeping the wound bed clean.
- Medihoney is indicated for use on lightly to moderately exuding wounds, or wounds that are difficult to manage due to their odd shape or placement on the body.
- This non-toxic dressing can be used as a cornerstone for wound bed preparation and throughout all the phases of wound healing.